CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
The Scientific Committee invites all interested individuals to submit abstracts to the 23rd ASEAN Federation of Cardiology Congress (AFCC) 2018.
Accepted abstracts will be selected for either Oral or Poster presentations.
All accepted abstracts will be published in the event proceedings.
Online Abstract Submission open: November 2017
Abstract Submission Deadline: 22 March 2018
Acceptance Notification: 9 April 2018
Deadline for authors to register: 23 May 2018
Abstracts can be submitted under the following categories:
- Stable CAD
- General Cardiology
- PHT and VTE, Basic Science
- Vascular Medicine
- Pediatric Congenital Heart
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Heart Failure
- Prevention & Rehab
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION RULES
All abstracts must only be submitted online via the Congress website: www.afccbkk2018.com
Note: Abstracts submitted by fax, email, or post will NOT be accepted. If you do not have access to the internet, please contact the Congress Secretariat for special consideration.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE
All abstract must be submitted on or before 22 March 2018. The online submission system will be closed at 24:00, 22 March 2018, Bangkok Time. All abstract submitted after the deadline will not be accepted.
ABSTRACT ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION
Notice of acceptance/rejection will be sent via email to the corresponding authors on or before 9 April 2018. If the abstract is accepted, author will have a maximum of 30 days to register for the congress. Abstract authors are required to register as a delegate. Failure to register before 23 May 2018 will result to automatic cancellation of accepted abstract from inclusion in the scientific program and conference proceedings.
GUIDELINES FOR ABSTRACT SUBMISSION
All abstracts must be written exclusively in English (including the title, abstract text, authors’s names, affiliations, figures and graphs).
Please provide the following:
- Presenting author’s contact details; including full mailing address, office hours phone number and email address and fax number.
- Name(s) of presenting author and co-authors: first name(s) or initials of first name(s), family name (e.g. Jason Wong or J.Wong).
- Affiliation details of all authors: department; institution/hospital; city; state (if relevant); country.
- Authors’ names must be in upper and lower case (J.J.C. Smith).
- Abstract text for original article should include
- Material and method
- Word limit: 300 words including acknowledgement, maximum 250 words is allowed if any figures/tables/graphs are included in the abstract.
- All figures/tables/graphs to be included in the abstract should be submitted in JPG format, maximum width 9 cm, and resolution up to 150 dpi. Only ONE figure/table/graph is allowed in one file and maximum TWO files are allowed for each abstract.
- Please note that these may be resized to fit in the final printed materials.
- Do not include references in the abstract.
- Please include up to 6 key words.
Use only standard abbreviations. Special or unusual abbreviations are not recommended. If otherwise necessary, the latter should be placed in parenthesis after the first appearance of the full word, except for unit symbols. Numeral rather than words may be used to indicate numbers.
- All abstracts submitted will be automatically edited according to the 23rd ASEAN Federation of Cardiology Congress (AFCC) 2018. It is the responsibility of the authors to review the submission and avoid any typing error on the abstract. No changes in the text are permitted after submission. Updates should be made at the time of presentation.
- Use Italics only when appropriate (e.g. for the name of genus and species).
- To avoid character corruption, please use only Times New Roman or Symbol font.
Declaration of Consent to publication and assignation of copyright. When you submit your abstract, you will be asked to tick the following declarations:
- I confirm that I previewed this abstract and that all information is correct. I accept that the content of this abstract cannot be modified or corrected after final submission and I am aware that it will be published exactly as submitted.
- Submission of the abstract constitutes my consent to publication (e.g. congress website, programs, other promotions, etc.)
- The Abstract Submitter warrants and represents that he/she is the sole owner or has the rights of all the information and content (“Content”) provided to AFCC 2018 and Kenes Asia (Thailand) Co., Ltd. (Hereafter:”The Organizers”). The publication of the abstract does not infringe any third party rights including, but not limited to, intellectual property rights.
- The Abstract Submitter grants the Organizers a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable nonexclusive license to use, reproduce, publish, translate, distribute, and display the Content.
- The Organizers reserve the right to remove from any publication an abstract which does not comply with the above.
I herewith confirm that the contact details saved in this system are those of the corresponding author, who will be notified about the status of the abstract. The corresponding author is responsible for informing the other authors about the status of the abstract.